You can make a positive difference for people in your community living with dementia and their carers by volunteering for Dementia Oxfordshire. We have a variety of opportunities where you can help to support people living with dementia.
- Befriend people over the phone?
- Help out at activity and memory clubs and carers support groups?
- Be a companion or buddy to enable people to attend meetings and groups?
- Transport individuals to local services?
- Help with fundraising opportunities?
- Assist our team of Dementia Advisors and Support Workers out in the community?
We provide training and on-going support for our volunteers. All volunteers are required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and provide two satisfactory references.
If you are interested in volunteering please contact us on 01865 410 210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you!
Volunteer from home as a befriender with the option of occasional visits to the person you call if you wish.