This set of resources is based on research, and the expert experiences of people with dementia and their carers. These resources are here to:
• Give you hope for the future
• Inspire you through examples of real-life experiences
• Offer ideas to help you live your life as you choose
Here are some things worth knowing for families and carers:
• You are not alone. Other people are going through this and talking to them can help.
• Your wellbeing matters too – share the care if possible.
• You might find that you have different expectations than the person with dementia. Try to find a good moment to have an open and honest conversation about how you are each feeling about dementia.
• There are organisations and support groups out there: Dementia Oxfordshire supports the people of Oxfordshrie and nationally their are Admiral Nurses (from Dementia UK) or Alzheimer’s Society.